How to sync Iphone email with POP accoint

recurve132 12:31 22 Jan 2017

I've an @outlook.com account and received emails on my iPhone 5s and also PC (via Outlook/Office 13). How do set up so if I delete an email on one device it removes it from the other please? Internet search shows:

*Tap Settings on the iPhone Home screen. Now tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Tap the desired account under Accounts. Select Advanced. Now tap Delete from server under Incoming Settings. Select:Seven days to have iPhone Mail remove mail from the server a week after it has been downloaded. When removed from Inbox to make iPhone Mail delete mail from the server only when you delete it from your iPhone Mail inbox. Never to k eep copies of all messages on your POP server. Tap Advanced to return to the account's settings. Press the Home button.*

emphasized text

After Settings I guess I hit the 'iCloud' icon (under which is shown my email address) rather than the 'Mail' but then I don't know what to do next as the above instructions do not follow this path. Anyone able to advise please? Nb, someone else set my iPhone up for email so I'd no idea about icloud until just now. Thanks

lotvic 12:45 22 Jan 2017

How do set up so if I delete an email on one device it removes it from the other

Use IMAP instead of POP

recurve132 13:28 22 Jan 2017

I've no idea how to do that. Would rather continue as I am thanks, just seeking an answer to my question if poss

Forum Editor 13:50 22 Jan 2017

"...just seeking an answer to my question if poss"

Lotvic has given you the answer - you'll need to set up your email as an IMAP account. It's pretty straightforward, and one of us can help if you're not sure what to do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Threadripper 2990WX review

New Nvidia graphics cards offer 'industry-changing' real-time raytracing on your computer for the…

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Les meilleurs téléphones portables basiques (2018)