How to play online content on your TV

geek84 19:29 31 May 2019

Hi folks

I have a Samsung Galaxy A3 phone and would like to see the online content (videos) on my TV.

Can someone kindly let me know how I could do this?

I know one of the methods is by using Chromecast. However, i have not idea how to use it.

Are there any other ways?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin Alders 19:52 31 May 2019

Depends on what TV you have. Modern, mid to high end TV's now have some form of Miracast built in.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:13 01 Jun 2019

what phone do you have and what TV do you have?

Kevin Alders 18:55 01 Jun 2019

I think he has a Samsung Galaxy A3.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:48 02 Jun 2019

So no mini USB to HDMI then

version of Android would also help.

Kevin Alders 19:08 02 Jun 2019

At minimum its going to be Android KitKat which supports Screen Mirroring.

Cory1U 12:28 03 Jun 2019

If you like movies and you want to get the most from your HDTV, a Blu-ray player is a necessity, and many of today's units access Internet content.

Cory1U 09:42 04 Jun 2019

A Blu-ray player is a necessity, and many of today's units access Internet content. If you like movies and you want to get the most from your HDTV website.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware Area 51m review

Serif just launched its InDesign killer Affinity Publisher

macOS Catalina Preview: First look at the new Mac update

Les meilleurs antivirus pour Mac (2019)