How Do I Make a Call Using WharsApp?

morddwyd 18:14 01 Mar 2019

Seems simple enough but all the on line guides tell me to click on an icon that doesn't appear on my phone and it then switches to my normal mobile account!

john bunyan 19:37 01 Mar 2019

Click on the WhatsApp icon. When it opens click on the telephone blue icon second from left, bottom row. Then click on top right telephone + sign. Your contacts that have WhatsApp should show . Select one and choose video or voice only. For regular contacts you can create a link to an individual or create a group, but that is mostly for texts and photos.

It may be an idea to text ahead that you are about to call, particularly if they are abroad.

john bunyan 19:41 01 Mar 2019

Also see

whatsapp

NB free if on wi fi, May use your data allowance if not

wee eddie 21:04 01 Mar 2019

As JB says, WhatsApp will use your Phone's allowance unless you are connected to WiFi, in which case it will use that

morddwyd 09:16 02 Mar 2019

Just to acknowledge, thank. I will try over the weekend. The number I am ringing is abroad so I have to be a bit selective with timing!

morddwyd 11:37 02 Mar 2019

As I thought , but I didn't want to appear churlish!

Same instructions that appear in the on line guides, but there ain't no telephone icon, nor any other icon, except a test box type icon bottom right, which if I select it invites me to form a new group, which I don't want to do, I just want to telephone!

wee eddie 12:26 02 Mar 2019

Are we talking about the same Product?

WhatsApp or WharsApp

john bunyan 13:49 02 Mar 2019

It sounds as if you are in the “chat” screen. In the opening screen there is a row of small icons with a telephone second from right

john bunyan 13:50 02 Mar 2019

Click that and it brings a telephone screen

morddwyd 10:06 03 Mar 2019

No telephone (or any other) icon.

Tried logging out, restarting and logging in again, on three devices, two phones and a tablet.

At the moment I'm stuck with Skype which has become very flaky.

wee eddie 18:10 03 Mar 2019

Once in WhatsApp, you need to enter one of the Groups that you are part of. Then you will see the Phone Logo at the top right of the screen.

That will then make those contacts available to you

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi A3 Review: Hands-on

Can you trademark a moving image?

Best free iPhone games 2019

Les bons plans audio (2019)