How Can I Open the "My EE" App in Android

morddwyd 09:46 11 Dec 2016

When I I try to open the "MY EE" app on my mobile I get a screen telling me to furn off my wi-fi.

I don't want to do this and since I'm using a non-EE sim in the particular phone I am using I can't see how the app will work without a wi fi connection!

Anybody know a work around'

(Good to see that BY are introducing their well known standars of support to their new netwark!)

morddwyd 19:02 11 Dec 2016

Already tried. I'm afraid that is not an option. As it is a new log on they have sent me a verification code to use. Unfortunately they've sent it by text to my EE device, which does not have the ability to display text messages!

morddwyd 07:51 12 Dec 2016

PAYG I'm afraid.

I will try the shop again when I'm in town, but last time they couldn't help - they can give me a "one off" facility bit nothing permanent.

morddwyd 19:26 12 Dec 2016

Bit extreme isn't it, contact Ofcom simply because I can't register an on-line account?

They're hardly in breach of their terms of service.

I was in the shop today, they can't retrieve the text message either.

Things may have been, as you sat, like this before BT took over, but they're certainly doing their best to maintain company tradition!

morddwyd 09:02 13 Dec 2016

Not quite the same.

The bank are saying they cannot take it any further, whereas EE and I are still in dialogue.

scarylee 21:13 16 Dec 2016

Maybe try to uninstall the EE app and reinstall again this time using your EE simcard. In my experience with my second sim card with Vodafone, I cannot enter the Vodafone app when I have the EE sim inserted. Or the EE app when I have the Vodafone inserted.

morddwyd 10:25 17 Dec 2016

Obviously that's am option, but I don't want to be doing that every time I try to top up! I'd rather close the EE account altogether.

I can understand the necessity go account security, but I am now simply trying to access the website to top up

morddwyd 09:42 26 Dec 2016

Update

Still trying to open, and log into, an EE Account.

After much e-mailing finally managed to convince customer services that I cannot give them my account number, as the reason I have contacted them is because I am trying to open an account.

Also managed to convince them that since I do no have an account I do not have a password to supply a couple of digits from!

Customer services then opened an account for me and sent a password. I went through the e--mail verification routine and got the "Password updated" notification, but the password keeps getting rejected!

That's where it stands at the moment. I only want to top up but I can't even do that as my card is not recognised!

I think I'll have to go back to O2 where you cannsim[ly use your number to top up on line, and at least they recognize me card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch