Hot Topics

Help in choosing iPhone and iPad

john bunyan 11:17 30 Apr 2020
Answered

My wife and I are used to, and prefer iPhones! She currently has a 5s and I a 6s. She uses hers for calls and a bit of browsing, photos and emails. I use mine similarly plus music. Both were bought used from an excellent local repair man. My wife also has a mk 4 iPad for browsing ; not keen on our laptop. I have had to get rid of all iTunes as on my 6s (16 gig) as about 15gig is used for system and apps.

I want a SIM free phone and was considering a used iPhone 8 at £300 (cheaper if from Amazon etc but not such good parts used). My expert suggested a new se at £415 from J Lewis with a 2 year guarantee. With 64 gig that seems interesting. My wife, for a while, would take over my 6s that is fine except for storage.

I can’t justify much more but the new se seems worth a look rather than a used 8. Any views?

john bunyan 11:22 04 May 2020

Bremner

Many thanks. Will backup those items on iCloud and also as belt and braces backup on iTunes also. Hope to do it this week sometime so will report back.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

The all-new Windows 10 Start Menu could be here soon

How to get your first design job

Here at last: iOS 14's 'must-have' iPhone features

iPhone 12 (2020) : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs