hdmi tv stick - maximum working temperature?

theDarkness 20:07 26 Apr 2019

I have a Roku TV stick and I have noticed upon browsing that many people are complaining about their temperature. There is a menu (often hidden) on most of these devices that will give you statistics. My own states immediately upon boot up, that it is 85C. How accurate is this likely to be? It doesn't state if this is the cpu. Some mention working temperatures of the Roku 'NowTV' stick of 110C after watching videos. In comparison, the older FireTV stick stress tests online show around 90C. Is this healthy, are the readings not really an issue, unaccurate, or due to the way they may dissipate heat are they relatively safe? There are not many posts on dead televisions as far as I can tell

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The best of Gamescom 2019

Best free Photoshop brushes 2019

Apple TV streaming service: what, where, when and how much

Les meilleurs smartphones incassables (2019)