Google play music transfer, help needed

julius44 10:03 13 Nov 2016

hello and good morning to you all. This request is for a friend please, as he rang me for some help yesterday. He currently has the samsung galaXy S6 and he is on contract with vodafone. He has purchased some music via google play music app on his phone, and he now wishes to transfer the music to his itunes library on his windows latop and then transfer the music to his ipod. I did tell him to just connect his phone to his laptop, yesterday and look for the music folder, but he said that he could not seem to locate the folder.

Please note, my friend has no wi fi at his flat, so all he has is his mobile internet from vodafone.

Any help/suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Gordon Freeman 11:15 13 Nov 2016

I did tell him to just connect his phone to his laptop, yesterday and look for the music folder

Well this is correct & normally what anyone would do. However one minor thing to add is that once he's connected his phone via usb, he should make sure the phone is visible in laptop file explorer which is achieved by unlocking the phone (swipe screen/use finger print/whatever). Might be the case then that he needs to look in device AND sd card if one is fitted and then look for the Music folder. Only fly in the ointment might be the google play app, I don't know if this would store music under a different file location.

julius44 17:19 13 Nov 2016

OK @ Gordon Freeman, I shall tell him to do this, But also i just tried this out by purchasing a track for 99p on google music. I have now connected my phone to the computer, and there is NO sign of the song or any similar folder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch