Golf (Simple) distance app gps ?

tonyq 16:22 18 Apr 2018

please can anyone recommend a free simple Android golf app,all I really need is distance to green I presume GPS.

Gordon Freeman 17:51 18 Apr 2018

I've used this [link below] in the past, which is/was very good. Yardages were accurate [which is what you want] plus it gives you distance to front/centre/back of green pin positions. Good coverage of UK courses.

Not used it for a while [keep meaning to get out but not achieved it yet], but reading the reviews it's had several updates since I last used it - good or bad thing, I don't know. Might be others apps which are better, but not tried any.

Not sure if 'pro' version is worth paying for - never tried it, but maybe give this free one a try & see how you get on with it?

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with this.

Free Caddie

tonyq 18:51 19 Apr 2018

Gordon Freeman

Thank you for the suggestion. I will give it a try.

Gordon Freeman 10:48 21 Apr 2018

Problem with these apps though, is that many of the free ones are riddled with 'ads', which are a right nuisance.

This 'free caddie' was very good when I first had it [no ads at all], but I suspect, like other apps, it's probably been bought out by another company who are more interested in getting ad revenue as opposed to providing a useful free app - unless you go for the 'paid for' version of course. Let us know how you get on with it.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HTC U12 Plus review: Hands-on

Best Android emulators for Mac

TV & Streaming : comment regarder Roland Garros ?