Gmail not receiving certain mail.

gazmix 22:18 22 Mar 2018

Hi

So someone with a btinternet email address mailed me to my Gmail with attachments and it's never arrived. They sent it to my Hotmail and it did arrive so I forwarded it from Hotmail to Gmail.. Any help on why it couldn't be sent from. Btinternet to Gmail?.

Thanks

wee eddie 22:41 22 Mar 2018

The most common cause of this is an incorrect address. Get him to send a trial email

gazmix 10:04 23 Mar 2018

I've sent myself an email from Gmail to Gmail and Hotmail to Gmail and all works

wiganken2 11:43 23 Mar 2018

If you have "Smart Tabs" enabled then the email may have been diverted into one of the following tabs: - Social, promotions, Updates or Forums. You will not see these tabs unless you click on "More", on the left hand side, which will reveal these tabs. Have a look in these to see if your email is in there. I found 10 emails in the Forums tab which were 4 months old. To stop this happening I went into "Settings" then selected the "Inbox" tab and in the "Categories" section I unticked all but the "Primary" radio button. Now all mail goes into my Inbox so I can be sure I am not missing any. If it ain't there then it's in Spam or it didn't arrive.

wee eddie 12:28 23 Mar 2018

Your ability to do the biz is not in doubt but, if he is sending to an incorrectly written address, it won't get to you.

I'll give you an example that I had with my sister who complained that I was not responding to the emails she had sent.

my email address is 'aaa[email protected]'. Unfortunately the '' between the a's and the b's is hidden by the line beneath them when the address is printed in blue and she I believe the was sending the emails to 'aaa [email protected]

Such a simple error but, of course, the mails did not get through.

wee eddie 12:31 23 Mar 2018

This is really infuriating. The Formatting on this site keeps leaving 'underlines', 'stars' and 'spaces' out when putting the response onto the thread

gazmix 13:44 23 Mar 2018

Hi I'm using Gmail via phone so can only see promotions and social tabs, maybe forums tab is on pc.?

I sent the sender my email address via messenger so they just click on it to write the email. The address they used was correct.

wee eddie 14:16 23 Mar 2018

Why don't you email him. Cut out the middle man

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?