getting the right payg phone deal

bumpkin 11:51 30 Nov 2018

Hi, I like to have a spare basic mobile phone. I currently have a small flip phone which is ideal, nothing smart about it. My previous deal was a £10 "Talk Home" sim which lasted a year before expiring. I tried to get the same again or an equivalent but was sold an O2 bundle which I have now found out requires £10 per month to be topped up. As it is really just an emergency back up I just require a basic deal similar to what I had previously. Any suggestions please.

Pine Man 14:13 30 Nov 2018

Get back to O2 and change your deal to their Classic PAYG scheme.

bumpkin 16:41 30 Nov 2018

Thanks Pine Man. I have just ordered a free sim card, no mention of minimum top ups with this.

qwbos 23:40 30 Nov 2018

I transferred from an old tariff to Classic PAYG a while back. It's a bit of a struggle to find the exact T&Cs, but during my online chat, I was told "Also, it's required to Top-Up the number once in 999 days and make a chargeable call once in 6 months to keep the SIM active" No regular top ups is handy as I'm still running down a high balance I accumulated when I had O2 broadband.

bumpkin 23:50 30 Nov 2018

Thanks qwbos, all info useful so I don't make the same mistake as last time.

bumpkin 15:25 05 Dec 2018

I have the new sim and classic payg. Do I need to ask for a classic voucher or just an O2 one or better still can I top up on line.

Forum Editor 15:40 05 Dec 2018

Moved to Digital Home and Smartphones Help from Speakers Corner.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch