feedback on galaxy S7 when using DUO app

amonra 20:12 02 Oct 2019

When I use my samsung S7 phone on DUO to video-call my family, they complain of occasional "squeaking" which is annoying to say the least. If I swop over to my Galaxy tablet, no problems, no funny noises, no feedback. It's obviously audio feedback, but why only on one app ? and why only on the S7 ? It doesn't appear to be constant, only intermittently on certain frequencies by the sound of it. I've tried whistling to provoke the noise but no success. Any ideas please ???

wee eddie 21:35 02 Oct 2019

I hate to ask you this, but it has to be done.

Are you using the touch Screen or a Mouse?

Many apologies, I just couldn't resist it.

amonra 13:11 05 Oct 2019

wee edie, that's a rather cheesie response, a left handed comment and while I'm on a scroll................still trapped with the problem.

wee eddie 13:40 05 Oct 2019

I have an S7 Edge. I also have a roughly similar problem, but its when using the Speaker Phone facility.

The respondent at the other end, gets a very bad reception

amonra 11:34 06 Oct 2019

wee eddie, I think it must be a common problem with the S7 while on loudspeaker, it does not happen on normal telephone calls, only on DUO. I have an old S7 with a cracked screen which I intend to use to d/load all my details to see if it happens on that one. will keep you posted.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 7T Pro review

Kristina Bold is a font based on a stroke survivor's handwriting

The best games on Apple Arcade

Les meilleures séries Netflix (2019)