Error 505 on Google Play Store

QuizMan 16:09 13 Apr 2018

I purchased recently a Huawei P20 lite phone. I have been in the process of installing my favourite apps. All have loaded successfully except Amazon Music for which I have a subscription. Every time I try to install it I get "Error code: -505" message. I have searched the web for solutions, none of which have worked including flushing out the cache and data for the Play Store, disabling/re-enabling it and, of course, switching the phone off and on.

Suggestions would be much appreciated.

Forum Editor 17:06 13 Apr 2018

Have you got the Audible app disabled? If you have, enable it, update it, and then try to install Amazon music.

You can always disable Audible afterwards.

QuizMan 17:24 13 Apr 2018

Thank you FE, but no joy. I did not have Audible installed. I downloaded it and made sure it was enabled, but I still get the same error message. My annual subscription runs out in early June and I was planning to go back to Spotify anyway. More expensive, but superior.

Guest 1234512668 08:16 18 Apr 2018

I also have a 505 error like you, but I have the best solution for you: click here

Guest 1234512668 08:16 18 Apr 2018

I also have a 505 error like you, but I have the best solution for you: click here

wee eddie 12:05 18 Apr 2018

I would not trust our Guest's solution and think that it qualifies as Spam - FE told

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

Adobe's groundbreaking prototypes of new features and apps for Creative Cloud

When is the next Apple event?

Les meilleurs VPN gratuits (2018)