Hot Topics

Doro Phone Easy 508 interference?

john9159 13:27 15 Jun 2020

My sister has a Doro Phone Easy 508 but each time she calls me or I her a situation arises where she cannot hear me. Sometimes this is brief but at others she cannot hear me at all or the line goes dead. I use two Android phones and the problem occurs on both. The conversation is sometimes improved when she goes into the kitchen, oddly enough. Having had a brain aneurysm she has an emergency response unit linked to a pendant which she wears. My suspicion is that this device may be causing the problem in which case I thought of getting her a new phone. The Doro does have an emergency facility but I don't know if this would be essential as she has the pendant. Has anyone any ideas about this?

Aitchbee 14:45 15 Jun 2020

Section 11 of the quick start guide does mention possible interference with "Implanted medical devices" so I think your suspicion is correct. The guide suggests keeping the Doro Easy 508 more than 15cm from the medical device or not to carry the phone in a breast pocket or in a belt holder etc., that might contain metal. Perhaps your sister can wear her pendant round her waist or on her hip in order to reduce or even eliminate any interference problems .

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

LG gram 14 (2020) review

Best art and design exhibitions still happening in 2020

'Price rise' for iPhone 12 despite lack of accessories

Les meilleurs smartphones Xiaomi (2020)