Digital music for beginners

Iceman244 20:34 01 Jun 2015

I am what would call many steps behind many others when it comes to modern technology and it I want to change that which is the reason for this post.

I have had a Samsung smartphone and tablet for about a year now but I do not get the benefit I should from them as I simply do not know how to use them that well at all.

I still have a CD collection and have wanted to make the jump into digital music for some time now but simply do not understand it.

The more I read online the more I am confused.

From how you transfer you CD’s onto your computer in such a way to keep the sound quality to where I purchase digital music and build a library I am just mystified.

Also how do I make sure that I don’t lose my music without the need for an external hard drive and what is a cloud?

So I would like to ask if someone could kindly point this middle aged technophobe in the direction of a step by step guide or course on changing over to the world of digital music for absolute newbies.

I presume I have posted this in the best forum for the subject?

Thank you in advance for your help on this.

Number six 00:12 02 Jun 2015

More info required as to what exactly you want to do. Are you saying that you want to transfer your CD collection to your tablet? Not something I would personally recommend as sound quality is usually pretty awful, although may be acceptable through earphones. Storage space may also be limited on this type of device. Make/model of tablet?

Or do you have a PC or laptop which you want to use as a music source? A more sensible proposition, but again sound quality may be an issue.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?