Cubot Smart Phone. Any good?

alanrwood 10:05 13 Nov 2014

I have a Moto G from last year but I get a very poor signal when at my caravan so wanted a dual sim model. I see that the 2014 version of the Moto G has this however it seems to have one sim that is 3G and the second is GPRS only which seems to me to be poor spec.

I have therefore been looking around and I see that there is a Cubot X6 which looks rather nice and has two 3G sim slots.

Has anyone any comments on this brand and/or this phone in particular as it is a Chinese one that I have previously never heard of although eBay seems to have loads of them with reasonable feedback.

wee eddie 11:52 13 Nov 2014

Doesn't matter what your Phone is, if the signal is weak, the signal is weak.

However it maybe that one of the other Networks is able to offer a stronger signal where your Caravan is currently positioned

alanrwood 13:19 13 Nov 2014

Hi

That is why I need a dual sim phone so I can use two networks on the same phone. Fed up of carrying two phones around.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:14 13 Nov 2014

Just swap the sim in the Moto when at the caravan.

alanrwood 18:49 13 Nov 2014

Hi FB

I could do but it gets a bit more complicated when the sims are on different plans and internet access rates. It vis just simpler to have a 2 sim phone.

rickf 10:23 15 Nov 2014

For the money they are competent phones. Nothing exceptional. Got one for my son and it works well but the audio speakers are basic.

alanrwood 11:25 15 Nov 2014

I am looking at the Cubot X6 but am getting conflicting information about the 2 sim slots. Some sellers say only one slot is 3G compatible others say both are. Does anyone know the answer from experience.

alanrwood 10:00 12 Jan 2015

Finally went for a Blackview Crown just before Xmas and very pleased with it indeed. eBay normal price is £119 but I found an auction that no one else seemed to see and got it for £95 delivered free. It came with Android 4.4, a 16GB memory card, leather case which includes a small magnet which switches the display off automatically when closed and a UK charger.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

50 Cent is Iron Man in these comic book cover reissues of hip hop classics

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Mac : comment forcer la fermeture d’une application ?