Computer security software best recommendations

Clueless 20:02 11 Jul 2019

I am a self-described techno illiterate. I need to protect my iPhone 8, laptop (Windows 8.1), desktop (Windows 7) (pls stop laughing) and Amazon Fire 8 from anything nefarious on the internet, viruses, Maleware, phishing and anything else I am as yet unaware of. What brand should I look at?? Under $75 pls?? Thx for your help!!

Clueless 19:27 11 Oct 2019

Again, many thanks to all who took the time to respond! I went with Webroot and it has detected numerous issues and deleted them, ran full scan(maybe 10 minutes) and cleaned things up. Very happy with my choice to date!!

mrgrumpy 19:52 11 Oct 2019

Hi clueless , I use Kaspersky paid for version , does the Webroot program contain something called spy sweeper. Many years ago spy sweeper was available as a separate program. One day my pc was very slow to do anything , I just knew something was wrong but all the software around at that time did not find anything , as a last resort I bought spy sweeper and in a mater of minutes it found 5 keyloggers that everything else missed. Once deleted my pc was up to full strength.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The new Xbox is called the Xbox Series X

The best new design books

Mac Pro 2019 release date, price, features & specs

Amazon : plein de réductions sur des produits Logitech G