Cant get 4G on phone i bought in the usa

Bampot 10:14 20 Jul 2019

Hi as the title suggests i bought an LG stylo 4 phone while i was in the usa i used my ee sim while i was out there with no problem 4g was fully accessible, but ive arrived back in the uk and i can only access calls and txts 4g doesnt work no matter what i try,could any kindly let me know if theres anything i can do about this please.

Bampot 18:09 20 Jul 2019

Hi thanks for your reply is there nothing at all that can be done, i bought the phone in texas im now back in scotland so taking it back isnt an option, maybee i can sell it on us ebay.

Bampot 20:41 21 Jul 2019

Intresting development i tryed my sons giff gaff pay as you go sim in the phone and 4g works no problem, from what i understand giff gaff operates on the o2 network which im pretty sure is also 800mhz so it looks like it can connect, the ee sim is fine as i tryed that in another phone and 4g is fine...think ill phone ee tech support and see if they can help.

Bampot 17:15 07 Aug 2019

I ended up leaving EE and signing up with vodophone and have had absolutly no issues must have been down to the band EE use for their 4g.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Imminent Moto Razr reboot rumoured to be pricy mid-ranger

Nexus Studios on how to make the perfect animation showreel and portfolio

Apple TV streaming service: what, where, when and how much

Test : la montre connectée Fossil Sport avec puce Snapdragon Wear 3100 à moins de 250 €