Can't Call Australia Using a Sainsbury SIM

morddwyd 11:19 25 Dec 2015

Trying to use up my Sainsbury PAYG credit before I lose it, I tried to phone my son in Oz, but repeated attempts result in call not even being dialled. No error message, just the normal "Call Ended" screen. Tried both his mobile and lad line with same result.

No problem his end as Skype works perfectly.

Is there a setting I can't find?

Bazzaman 11:58 25 Dec 2015

Have you used this SIM to call to an overseas destination before? If not, is it enabled (by default) to allow international calling? it may be barred (done to avoid stolen phones etc. racking up high charges before they are reported stolen etc.).

Bazzaman 11:59 25 Dec 2015

Should have added: So maybe you need to contact the service provider....?

morddwyd 12:40 25 Dec 2015

No. Of course, trouble is provider helpline is winding down! I thought I'd check for a local solution first.

spuds 13:15 25 Dec 2015

What's the make of the mobile telephone, perhaps that might provide further instruction help, if barrings or roamings been de-activated?.

Not the answer you are looking for, but apparently any credits can be claimed back. Here's some information about that. click here

Forum Editor 19:17 25 Dec 2015

International calling will involve the use of partner networks, and these are subject to contractual agreements. I wonder if your problem might be related to that in some way. Presumably Sainsburys will have made arrangements to terminate on 15th January.

morddwyd 20:17 25 Dec 2015

spuds

Thanks for that link. All references I have previously seen have suggested that credit will be lost. I'll give them a ring when business restarts.

spuds 12:42 26 Dec 2015

morddwyd

No problem, my pleasure.

I also notice that it might be possible to hold onto your original telephone mobile number, but I suspect that you might need to transfer to Vodafone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 UK Review: Xiaomi's Flagship Slides Into The UK

2019's best up-and-coming illustrators

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comment utiliser une manette PS4 ou Xbox One sur votre Mac ?