Aux cable issues (works with iPhone not android)

LieutenantBiscuits 09:21 10 Jan 2018

I have a 3.5 mm aux cable that works with my wife's iPhone or iPhones in general but will not work with my Sony android phone/s. Also won't work on my mates Samsung galaxy S what ever number it is lol. I didn't realise there where different types of 3.5 mm jack leads (other than stereo and mono)

is there a reason for this or anything I can do to get it working?

It doesnt seem to click in as if it's either too short or something is blocking it getting in (not a youthamism) the jack port is deffinatley clean of debris as brand new phone which is Xperia XA1 ultra by the way.

Many thanks

Joe

wee eddie 09:45 10 Jan 2018

Apple uses it's own Standards and designs. It's cables are specific to itself

Quickbeam 10:19 10 Jan 2018

I have one that works on both.

alanrwood 10:48 10 Jan 2018

3.5 mm jacks do sometimes come in various lengths. I remember having a similar situation with these jacks some years ago and found a slight variation in the tip size (which activates the switch in the socket). Not saying this is your problem , just an observation from past experience.

Forum Editor 11:49 10 Jan 2018

This was posted in the wrong forum area.

Moved to Digital Home & Smartphones Help from Speakers Corner.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?