App permissions for Samsung galaxy

SAM2006 20:47 20 Mar 2018

Hi I have recently tried to download an app I need and it's asking for access to my photos, files and media. As it's an energy company, I don't see why they would need access to these, particularly my photos so messaged them asking them why. They have replied asking for my phone make, model and OS. Sorry if this sounds a dumb question but is this relevant? I have searched your forums but couldn't find an answer. Thanks in advance for any advice. (I have a Samsung galaxy A3)

mrcalif 01:57 21 Mar 2018

I know of one Energy App that requires access to your Photos and Media files and that is the EDF Android App.

As you can submit Meter Readings by sending in a Photo the app would require those permissions.

click here

SAM2006 19:47 21 Mar 2018

Thanks mrcalif �That makes sense now, although I haven't opted to submit meter readings this way so will take it up with the company. Your help is much appreciated!

leartalilaa 13:59 29 Mar 2018

It requires a within the app feature that wants to access your pictures and media on your phone such as Meter Readings.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment bloquer les pop-up sur Android ?