Android tablet keeps getting pop ups from HSgames

lissy2 17:45 24 Nov 2019

I have recently bought an Alba (Argos) android tablet. All fine first couple weeks of use. Now however I keep getting pop up ads from HSgames - a different game advertised each time. These pop ups happen when I'm in the middle of something, and usually start once the tablet has been on half hour then they can pop up every couple minutes. The only apps I have installed on this tablet are Facebook, Messenger, Candy crush, my email, and CCleaner. I have tried turning off notifications from google play store, have tried "hibernating" google play store and turned off "open supported links" in google play. No difference. I cannot click anywhere on the ad to turn it off or get more information. Any ideas how I can source and delete this ? When it pops up, I have to go back to the home page then reload the app I was in when it popped up. Annoying and frustrating. I also have an android phone and never had any such problems with that. Any help much appreciated, not sure what to try next, or even if google play is the originator.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Last Chance: Win an Honor Band 5

Acclaimed illustrator James Jean's comic book past gets celebrated in new book

Best Apple tech gifts for Christmas 2019

Noël (2019) : idées cadeaux & guide d'achat !