Android Phone reboots when locked

Peter21 10:09 06 Mar 2019

Hi everyone,

My android phone was dropped in water recently. I left it to dry, and after some time it powered back on. It seems to work fine, and was stable enough to actually extract all data from it, install apps, take photos...etc... but once I lock it, or otherwise spend enough time away from it (without touching it) and it locks itself, it ends up rebooting. (Goes through the whole "powered by android screen" and ends back at the unlock screen after a while)

What doesn't make sense is that it works completely fine as long as it doesn't lock.

If someone could help by giving some suggestions on what the problem is, and if possible how to fix it, that would be very helpful!

Thanks in advance!

imranabdul 12:50 06 Mar 2019

I think there is some issue with your motherboard which is the reason why your mobile is rebooting

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Magical mystery tour - Artist colourfully customises bus to promote positive mental health

Apple Streaming Service Release Date & Apple TV Subscription Rumours

Quel est le meilleur iPad ?