Hot Topics

advice needed to buy a suitable android phone

victim311 11:08 09 Dec 2019

I currently have a Nokia 735 Windows phone. I know this is a very basic phone but it's all I require and I am happy with it. However, I have been told that from 31 December I will not be able to use WhatsApp on this phone and that I will need to get a phone with an android operating system. Can you recommend a cheap one (around £50 maybe) that will allow me to text, call, check emails, use Whatsapp and take reasonable photos?

Forum Editor 18:21 09 Dec 2019

A decent Android phone will cost a lot more than £50 I'm afraid. One of the best 'budget' phones at the moment is the Motorola Moto G7 Plus at around £200

That's for a new phone - you will of course find good, cheaper secondhand phones in your local high street's used phone shops, but not for £50.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:33 09 Dec 2019
  The Kestrel 12:46 11 Dec 2019

Judging by what you say you need to do with a phone, this motorola phone could do the job for you. It has an octacore processor, so reasonably fast and a 13MP rear camera.

click here

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Honor unveils special edition Magic Watch 2 with artists and designers

Premiere Pro gains new project tools

iPhone SE 2 release date, price & specs rumours

Comment changer la voix de Google Assistant sur Google Home ?