Adopting An Old Samsung A3

Newuser4165 12:51 04 Sep 2019

I have adopted my wife's old A3 and all data has been transferred to a new A20e using Smart Switch.However, at the moment I'm banned from doing anything to the old A3 apart from installing a new sim card.She's terrified of losing all her data if I delete anything from the A3.There is a remote possibility that they are both linked to the same google account but I'm not sure.Apart from binning the A3 and buying a new phone can anyone offer suggestions as I'm finding it very difficult to understand how to reset the A3 without deleting data on the A20e

Menzie 01:11 05 Sep 2019

You cannot 'reset' something without losing data. The very definition of reset (in phone use) is to return something to a factory condition.

The nearest thing you can do is create a new user on the phone if it supports it. However if something happens to the phone while in your possession the data will be lost (there is a reason phones warn you to back up before updating, it can happen).

Why don't you just go out and get your own handset? That will be the easiest thing to do. It will be yours, factory fresh, new and complete with a warranty.

Forum Editor 17:52 06 Sep 2019

"all data has been transferred to a new A20e using Smart Switch."

In which case, where's the problem? Provided your wife's data files have been transferred to her new phone you can safely delete everything on the old one.

What is it specifically that your wife is worried about?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Stadia review

When 12 countries take on the same brief in a globalised world

Best Apple tech gifts for Christmas 2019

Les meilleurs bracelets connect├ęs (2019)