Wireless USB ?

Steveola 13:57 20 Oct 2003

I am currently trying to get a setup where I can use my PC from another room in the house.

I have the video sorted, with the use of a PC Video sender which transmits the video to my TV.

now, I am stuck as to how I need to go about extending the range of my Keyboard & Mouse.

I thought a Wireless USB hub would be an ideal solution, but from what I can see, the only Wirless USB adapters are for Networking purposes. This isn't what I need.

Anyone have any ideas?

Any help or comments / suggestions would help me out a lot.

Thanks guys.

Pumas 00:33 21 Oct 2003

How about a wireless keyboard and mouse. You can get them quite cheap now. Have a look: click here

Pumas 00:34 21 Oct 2003
  Steveola 20:38 21 Oct 2003

Ah now, that was my first thought, however these wireless devices being based on inra red technology rely on a line of sight between the adapter and the peripheral.

I also researched the RF style wireless keyboard / mouse devices which dont have to be pointing at the adapter, but as I suspected the range is limited to about 2 metres.

I need to use the keyboard and mouse in a different room at the other side of my house (about 20 metres as the crow flies).

Forum Editor 20:53 21 Oct 2003

You can do this wirelessly, or via a cable connection and two modules. It's routinely done in the corporate world for PowerPoint presentations - the presenter stands at the screen whiile a colleague operates the presentation with a keyboard and mouse from the back of the room.

Be warned - the wireless version isn't cheap (around £250) but that gets you a special keyboard and mouse. It will work up to 100 feet or so. The cable version can operate over far greater distances - up to 300 feet.

click here to take a look at thr wireless kit.

Steveola 16:28 22 Oct 2003

Thanks for that, its just what I seem to need, but what a disgusting price tag!!!

Shame manufacturers seem to cash in on business specific devices, I bet it only costs about 50 quid to manufacture.

So I will keep looking (and hoping) for a cheaper solution.

:-(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator of witty, relatable Instagram comics Julia Bernhard touches on our humble moments

iMac Pro review

Quelle est la meilleure application de podcast pour Android (2018) ?