WiFi Modem Router with Switch to Switch off WiFi?

TomJerry 22:29 11 Mar 2005

Any suggestion?

I am looking for a wireless ADSL modem router with both wired and wireless connections.

But, I want it has one switch which can switch off wireless function when it is needed.

I am mainly use wired connection, but need wireless from time to time when kids kick me out of my seat.

I do not want wireless function on constantly because any possible security and health risk (not proving yet).

Currently, I have two routers, one wired and one wireless and I only connect wireless one with wired one when I needed. But too much trouble and too messy desk.

wjrt 23:28 11 Mar 2005

the router end of the system is a receiver and the pc or laptop end the transmitter and unless the system is very much different then there should be a very simple method of shutting down the transmit side ie on my laptop to shut down eg when going by plane hotkey Fn+F1 shuts down the wifi

TomJerry 23:30 11 Mar 2005

but I just want ean asy solution, Press a button it done

byfordr 02:05 12 Mar 2005

U could try the netgear DG834G the switch is via software...logging will take you all of 10 seconds. Assume most other routers will have the same options. Can't say I know of any that have a hardware option to turn off wireless.

R

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?