Hot Topics

Why I Like Dealing With Local Businesses

Menzie 19:30 10 Dec 2019

There's a local electronics store that I buy all my car equipment from. They do the sales and installation of everything they sell. They are a little bit more expensive than larger retailers sometimes.

Over two years ago I purchased a dashcam for my vehicle. It was one of those units with 2 cameras covering the front and rear of the vehicle.

A week ago the camera stopped working, it just kept rebooting. I went to see them and they contacted the manufacturer.

A few days later I got a call telling me to come in for the replacement. I went in and they put a brand new camera in, set it up, tested and away I went.

I wasn't expecting that, it was the first thing I've bought from them that ever broke. With the level of service received I feel like I'm in good hands.

Forum Editor 22:48 10 Dec 2019

*"I feel like I'm in good hands."

You obviously are. Your storekeeper understands one of the golden rules of successful retailing - build brand loyalty and you'll always get a living. It's an art, and those who practice it deserve to succeed.

mrgrumpy 12:31 11 Dec 2019

That's a perfect example of what keeps small businesses going. Big stores don't seem to care much about customers these days and to the staff its just a job so a disgruntled customer wont hurt their own bank account they will still get paid.

FE PLEASE ALLOW ME TO SAY THIS, the only exception I know where staff go the extra mile is John Lewis and partners , this is because the partners are the staff themselves so what each individual does could effect everyone.

The worse attitude I have come across was a guy in a DIY store , I asked him for something and he said , never heard of that , followed by I have worked here 25 years so if I don't know what your talking about we don't sell it.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Honor unveils special edition Magic Watch 2 with artists and designers

The story behind Royal Mail's new video game stamp set

iPhone SE 2 release date, price & specs rumours

iPad Air 2020 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs