Why have I not received a Refund From Currys?

Dynamitediscodj 18:46 24 Oct 2017

To explain in more detail I paid £90 via paypal for 2TB of Cloud Storage over 5 years. I was already using Dropbox but was limited to 1TB. Whilst attempting to use the Currys Account i was being quoted times of 95 days to upload 1TB of data. This was completely unacceptable so I immediately phoned and asked for a refund - Case Ref: DIX4019471CR I have been told that i will get a refund but I am still waiting. This was their latest email:-

Dear Mr Brown,

Thank you for your email dated the 10th October 2017.

I have investigated the processing of the refund. This indicates that the refund was processed on the 9th October 2017, but may take 3 to 5 working days to show in your account.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us on 0344 561 0000.

Kind regards,

Michael Jones Team knowhow.

To resolve this issue I would like you to I would like to have my £90 refund.

alanrwood 19:10 24 Oct 2017

Why not phone them as suggested.

john bunyan 19:22 24 Oct 2017

Seems a regular theme; see

currys thread

Forum Editor 08:22 25 Oct 2017

Have you called the number provided?

HondaMan 11:43 21 Nov 2017

Any updates on this yet?

HondaMan 12:18 26 Nov 2017

I have to say, I find it most annoying, discourteous, frankly bad mannered, not to update requests for help, especially when asked for.

People come here for help/advice and having obtained what they want/need then completely ignore us!

john bunyan 12:44 26 Nov 2017

I agree, especially from a first time poster. Also many do not green tick when their problem is over.

Menzie 17:27 27 Nov 2017

Seems with Curry's people are either impatient and want the refund right away or they just aren't calling that number.

Unfortunately the larger the company the more hands these things have to go through to be processed.

If a refund doesn't come through after the time they state in the email only then should any follow-up be done.

Forum Editor 18:39 28 Nov 2017

"People come here for help/advice and having obtained what they want/need then completely ignore us!"

That has always been the case - it goes with the territory, as they say, and there's no point in being annoyed.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Artist Pete Oswald on creating relatable characters & his new book

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts