Why do I get Oct edition in the middle of August

rawprawn 13:52 17 Aug 2003

Can anyone give me an explanation as to why PC Advisor sends out the October edition of it's magazine in August.

Stuartli 20:50 18 Aug 2003

Your last paragraph is not something that is generally discussed - at least among my friends - only in this forum...:-)

As GANDALF <|:-)> points out tongue in cheek it almost seems to be a crime in this country to actually run a profitable and successful business.

But without successful firms and businesses the entire economy would collapse like a pack of cards...

Stuartli 22:25 18 Aug 2003

System builders, retailers etc are made aware of forthcoming products and plan future sales advertising, literature and actual products at that time.

PCA and other magazines are able to review these systems, graphics cards, TFTs etc because they receive them some time before they actually go on sale. It's the same with TVs, hi-fi equipment, children's toys - in fact a vast range of consumer products.

Again referring to the car industry - I was a motoring correspondent for 15 years and went on many new car launches here and around the world.

We drove cars and commercial vehicles that were due to go on sale in two or three months' time and were thus able to road test them and describe the features and specifications in advance of retail sales.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPad Air (2019) review

Microsoft Paint's not dead

iMac 27in (2019) review

Les bons plans logiciels et services (2019)