Which is the cheapest best broadband service

erkmatrix 11:29 12 Nov 2003

Hi I've finally decided to get myself on broadband for christmas as BT has finally got round to giving us a broadband enabled telephone exchange.

I'm currently on Kingston Communication with my telephone as its the cheapest round here, but would like to use BT line for the broadband.

Does anyone know how much it would be just to rent the line from BT?

And can anyone recommend a decent cheap broadband service. I was rather impressed with PlusNet.?

Thanks in advance.

Phil

johnnyrocker 11:41 12 Nov 2003

generally i find the two do not go together you could do a google search for uk adsl providers and that will give you access to the top 85 or you could read the reviews at click here
and then make an informed judgement but i would think all will insist on a bt line first do kingston not do it?

johnny.

erkmatrix 23:12 12 Nov 2003

I don't think I explainined it properly sorry bout that, No BT have brought broadband to my area but at the moment my telephone line is with Kingston communication we used to be with BT but changed cause it was cheaper.We still have the BT line attached to our house just don't use it.

What I wanted to know is how much it would cost to just rent the BT line for broadband. Kingston do have broadband yes but its a rip off at £30 a month.

Phil

erkmatrix 10:25 15 Nov 2003

Thanks for everyone who has posted, very much appreciated, I'll look into getting a incoming BT line for £9 a quarter and Plusnet for £18.99

Phil

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! and Eevee! review

Best Black Friday deals for designers and artists 2018

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs SSD