When they say Antivirus is free!

marie-anna 06:01 28 May 2017

I would like to know what to look for in the Antivirus is Free, what I mean is when I look for and Antivirus to protect my computer how to make sure that it's 100% free of charge! I have taken ScanGuard it was free to download and me I email the company to ask them if it (ScanGuard) was free they replied that it all depend on how hard it is to fix the problem so then I decided to delete it...this is why I want to know how to make sure I'm making the right decision so I won't have a bad surprise!

Forum Editor 07:56 03 Jun 2017

"I am talking about corporate licences."

Thank you, now I understand - it might have been an idea to explain that to start with. Your initial post gave a somewhat different impression.

Burn-it 00:11 04 Jun 2017

In the companies I have worked at, if a virus gets past the Anti-Virus product that is installed

That sounds much like corporations to me, and you try getting away without a corporate licence under those circumstances. Even as a one man company they will not let you use a free AV

simonjary 08:14 04 Jun 2017

Read PC Advisor's Best Free Antivirus feature for more, particularly how such developers may use your data..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPad Air (2019) review

Moleskine launches limited edition Lord of the Rings notebook collection

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

Comment faire pivoter une vidéo ?