What mp3 player

sierra 08:20 15 Nov 2003

I do quite a bit of hill walking usually with the pooch and my camera. I like to listen to some music while I'm out and find that lugging around a few cd's and disc player can be tedious. I was thinking that an mp3 player could be the answer.All I'm looking for is a reasonably inexpensive one that will do the job.Any suggestions please.

johnnyrocker 10:13 15 Nov 2003

click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:15 15 Nov 2003

I listened to loads of mp3 players and there was little/no difference between those for £60 and those retailing at £300. Get a set with decent headphones and you will be away. 128mb of memory will hold about10/14 tracks. In the end I chose a Dual mp3 player that looks like a cassette. It can be used with headphones when walking around or slotted into the cassette tray of a car. Got it from click here as they had some great deals and 48hr delivery. If you want one 'off the shelf' for around £60-80 then trot into Currys, Dixons etc.

sierra 11:00 15 Nov 2003

Loads of goodies on the above sites. I liked the look of the Pendrive plus 256mb @£76. Now I have the general idea of what to look for,I'll have a rummage around in town this afternoon to compare prices.I'm not in a panic so probably will order online this evening. thanks

mikef. 13:14 15 Nov 2003

click here for lots of options I've heard very good comments on the Creative Labs Rhomba 256MB MP3/WMA Player and the Muvo has been getting rave reviews ever since it first came out.

rickf 13:28 15 Nov 2003

If this helps. I have the Creative Nomad Jukebox Zen NX with 30g. Works wonderfully and contrary to some reviews the software is really easy to use. Its also USB2 and takes just over a minute to read and write a CD album to the Zen. Reproduction is very good but get a good pay of headphones as opposed to ear buds supplied and you are in 7th heaven.

SEASHANTY 15:58 15 Nov 2003

The TV Mag in today's "TIMES" lists ten portable MP3 players of which the BENQ JOYBEE £89-99 ;
PANASONIC SV-SD85 £179 ; APPLE IPOD £398-99 all get five stars. The Joybee 120 which is smaller than a box of matches has 128MB memory (60 songs), FM radio and with a volume control on the headphones. Also re-chargeable battery and a carry case for the power cables. Sounds like a winner.

sierra 06:28 16 Nov 2003

Thanks all . I've gone for the Creative.

powerless 07:03 16 Nov 2003

Well i have the Muvo NX 128MB, nice little pocket filler.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Artist Helen Friel on designing paper models for everyone to make

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts