Web pages sometimes do not load

douglas1973 15:20 04 Dec 2011

I am using IE9 in Windows 7 Professional. Frequently pages will not load (blank page). I have scoured the internet (and your forum) but have not found a solution to the problem which appears to have started at least 7 years ago and is very prevalent. This seems extraordinary to me. Surely there must be a solution?

douglas1973 15:15 05 Dec 2011

Thanks buteman for all your trouble. I have tried your first suggestion without success. Can you please elaborate on exactly what I need to do? I will try uour other suggestions soon.

douglas1973 12:31 14 Dec 2011

Thanks buteman for all your suggestions and patience - much appreciated . Last Wednesday I noticed that my hard drive was making peculiar noises and was over heating so I was compelled to replacing it for a new one. Bought a Hitachi 1GB for £99.99 - a few weeks ago I think it would have cost a third of the price if it were not for the floods in Thailand. As you no doubt understand the hard drive replacement caused a lot of hassle despite the fact that all my documents,pictures, videos, etc. were backed up and I am only now back to almost normal. The one positive outcome of virtually starting all over again is that I no longer have blank pages in Internet Explorer! (I have not yet summoned the courage to upgrade to version 9!).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review

How designers created the world of smash hit drama Bodyguard

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

Comment supprimer le son au démarrage d’un Mac ?