Unable to contact Amazon online

ponytail 09:04 07 Sep 2014
Answered

Not sure if this is relevant to this section or even to this site but maybe someone out there can help. Last December we purchased a hand held vacuum cleaner which has noe developed a fault.Have tried to contact the manufacturer but just seemed to go round in circles.Thought I would contact Amazon direct but cannot find anyway of doing that.I feel that Amazon should sort this problem out.The manufacturer by the way is Electrolux and the model number is Z61.Hope someone can advise

ponytail 15:24 07 Sep 2014

I may decide to write to them my brother lives almost next door to them in Swansea and he has given me their address.I will copy the receipt and tell them what problems I have had and what I think of their customer service dept.

ponytail 16:52 07 Sep 2014

Hi Woolwell not sure why but that link only opens half way and yesterday I phoned at six different numbers for Electrolux and never got to speak to a real person sorry did speak to one lady who gave me another number which only said I was in a queue and I gave in after 15mins could not take anymore of the silly message

spuds 17:11 07 Sep 2014

Is this any help? click here

100andthirty 18:05 07 Sep 2014

Sorry, I led you down a blind alley, but from all the other input to this thread and from following the "read more" link, it's clear that you can, and should contact Amazon by email telephone or chat. They were the retailer who sold this to you and if the item is defective, they have the responsibility under the Sale of Goods Act to rectify the issue if it was caused by a defect in design or manufacture. Good luck

BT 08:02 08 Sep 2014

Just a thought but was the item sold directly by Amazon or from an Amazon seller, in which case you may need to go to the seller rather than Amazon.

ponytail 11:01 08 Sep 2014

This problem has now been resolved I did send a email to Electrolux yesterday was not sure if I sent it to the right place but had a phone call this morning from Electrolux and they were very apologetic for all the problems I had trying to get hold of them.The lady got me to do some checks and was satisfied the appliance was faulty and they are going to send me a replacement and all they need is the label on my appliance with details on it ie model number serial number etc.They will end me a letter with a return envelope and I need to send the label in that envelope.So thanks for all the help appreciated.

ponytail 11:01 08 Sep 2014
Answer

This problem has now been resolved I did send a email to Electrolux yesterday was not sure if I sent it to the right place but had a phone call this morning from Electrolux and they were very apologetic for all the problems I had trying to get hold of them.The lady got me to do some checks and was satisfied the appliance was faulty and they are going to send me a replacement and all they need is the label on my appliance with details on it ie model number serial number etc.They will end me a letter with a return envelope and I need to send the label in that envelope.So thanks for all the help appreciated.

spuds 11:11 08 Sep 2014

Just goes to show, a little bit of persistence brings dividends :O)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S10 review: Hands-on

Alice Tye on blurring the line between fine art and illustration with Japan as her muse

Best free iPhone games 2019

Comparatif : iPhone XS vs Samsung Galaxy S10