TV-out card

zincy 11:39 16 Jan 2005

hello

i have 2 questions. The first is does it matter which graphics card i get in terms of the quality of the tv-out? My budget is about £30-40 and only want a good tv-out card. i want one with dual monitor support and with s-video out. Any suggestions?

My second question is that will the length of the pc-tv cable affect the quality? i need a cable between 15m-20m as my pc is upstairs and tv is downstairs?

many thanks
zincy

Stuartli 15:20 16 Jan 2005

You are probably thinking of a PCI TV Card with TV Out - best known names include Hauppauge, Aver, Expert etc.

Best allrounder is a digital terrestial TV/Radio version (Freeview) such as the one I have, a Twinhan VisionPlus Ter; however it doesn't have TV out despite also being HDTV compatible, recording facilities, EPG, Preview etc...:-)

click here

Some TV Out equipped alternatives include:

click here=

click here

Reviews of some cards (plus using one with Linux):

click here

click here

Using such a long cable will probably degrade the signal to some extent - however, some TVs seem to have a higher sensitivity chassis and can handle weaker aerial inputs better.

josie mayhem 23:10 17 Jan 2005

I have a hauppauge pci card. My computer is at the end of a 25m cable from the main tv socket. To over come any deteration in the signal, I run it through a signal booster (4 outputs, boosted x10 and a gain control price £30) picture is peferfect no problems what so ever.

zincy 23:26 17 Jan 2005

ok i give that a try

thanks!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)