Top Dudes DABS

csqwared 13:25 20 Dec 2003

Hi folks

In these days of gripes about bad service I thought I must give DABS a huge pat on the back. I requested a Canon i865 via the web site at 21.17hrs Thursday, notice of despatch received 00.42 hrs Friday, parcel received 10:55 hrs Friday and all in good working order. I consider that SERVICE!! Well Done

Carl

Stuartli 14:32 20 Dec 2003

I've dealt with dabs for many years since, in fact, it was based in Leyland before moving to Westhoughton.

The company generally is highly efficient with orders and their rapid despatchment; the problems arise when or if you have faulty goods and need to return them.....

Forum Editor 15:05 20 Dec 2003

to an order I placed last Friday - it was despatched on Monday.

Unfortunately over a week has gone by, and the order hasn't arrived. That's nothing to do with Dabs, but everything to do with ParcelForce, who are currently running a week behind with deliveries from their Coventry hub. My package entered the hub on 15th December for 'next working day' delivery, but five days later it's still in Coventry. ParcelForce (who took over an hour to answer the phone today) tell me that I "might" get a delivery next Monday, or I might not.

I know it's Christmas, and I know that ParcelForce are inundated with parcels, but that's their speciality - delivering parcels - and it's not as if Christmas has crept up on them without warning. When I suggested that there had been a little lacking in the organisation department the ParcelForce customer service adviser said "Well it's Christmas".

That's alright then. Silly of me to expect a National parcel carrier to be capable of getting a little package from Coventry to London in less than a week, it is only the 21st century after all.

csqwared 15:22 20 Dec 2003

Stuartli

I take it the problem aspect of DABS service hasn't put you off from using them since you've dealt with them for many years. Hopefully i won't see that side of their service.

FE.

C'mon, how silly can you be. Theres a rather rotund, cheery chap in a red and white suit that's about at this time of year. HE gets to EVERYBODY in ONE NIGHT. You should've waited.

Thanks for the greetings posted earlier from PCA. Hope everyone has a good one.

Cheers

Carl

Stuartli 17:37 20 Dec 2003

Just key Dabs and/or dabs.com into the Search engine and you'll get a taste of dabs and its aftersales service (as well as moans about ParcelForce)...

Ironically only had one or two occasions when there have been problems with dabs - I just go straight to the manufacturer of the product involved - but ParcelForce has always provided a first class service.

Could be something to do with the fact I only live about 15 miles from dabs' HQ - the same applies to equally efficient Scan (click here) but whose after sales service can be equally frustrating.

Stuartli 17:42 20 Dec 2003

Try click here for your lead; it's a firm based in Preston who I have dealt with since the mid-1970s.

Now part of the Farnell Group, it carries massive stocks of all types of computer systems, components, hardware, software etc.

The firm, which deals both with the trade and general public also carries equally vast stocks of spare parts for leading visual equipment such as TVs, audio leads and cables etc and even car parts...

The catalogue is massive and if you want one it was last priced at £25 if you are not a regular customer.

csqwared 13:59 21 Dec 2003

Interesting comments from you all - I shall bear all that in mind should I think about ordering from them in the future. Thanks for the input and hope everyone has a good crimble.

Carl

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Shadow of the Tomb Raider review

How designers created the world of smash hit drama Bodyguard

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables