Tom Tom One charging

User-312386 22:19 19 Jun 2006

Hi all

I bought my tom tom one as per some great advise here.

One little problem, the first tom tom one that i bought stopped charing when the weather got hot and the interior became hot, i duly changed at the shop.

However, the new does exactly the same in hot weather. Does anyone have this problem? I also noticed that the cigar charger is a little loose in the vehicle and has to be wiggled before it starts charging. I have tried this in friends cars as well and its the same

The question i am asking really is have any of you had charging issues with there Tom Tom One?

I have spoken with Tom Tom direct and they have advised they have not been advised of any charging problems.

harryoo 08:05 20 Jun 2006

I also bought the Tom Tom One because of the good reports on this forum. I have found the charger to be a tight fit, no movement at all.Also no problems with hot weather( and it has been hot recently).

anchor 09:38 20 Jun 2006

Try doing a search, or registering and posting a query, on the forum below; one of the best for SatNavs.

click here

The fact that TomTom say NO, does`nt mean a thing. They still deny any problems have been reported with the windscreen mount of the latest x10 series. Lots of people have had difficulties with that.

However, I have not previously read of problems with the charging on the TomTom One. I have a TomTom 700, which possibly uses the same charger, and never had problems. It was used in France last year when the outside temp was 39 degrees; heaven know what it was inside the car when parked up.

User-312386 16:55 20 Jun 2006

Thanks for your advise

I have posted in the other forum

Sapins 19:18 20 Jun 2006

The problem, I think, lies in the connection of the charger to the unit. If you move it slightly you lose the connection, it has happened 3 times when I tried to do a back up, once when I picked it up to move it on the desk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?