Tiscali broadband subscribers..

Stuartli 17:46 05 Sep 2005

..should be interested in this comment by one of the support staff on the ISP's own Broadband Service Support forum:

"I have sent your account details over to be checked out, as there should be no restrictions on any accounts now other than.. 1mg 14.99 with 2 gig cap."

Totally-braindead 18:07 05 Sep 2005

I'm with Tiscali and received an email from them last week saying they are removing the cap from the service I get. Now my connection to Tiscali has been fine, no problems at all but....Their customer service is abysmal, when I ask a question they reply pointing me towards some information which does not answer what I actually asked. For example after getting the email from them I logged in to the website to check my account and it says I'm still on the 512k service which I'm not as I now connect at 2mb. Now I don't particularly mind the website saying I run at a slower speed as long as it runs at the proper speed which I pay for, which it does. But when I asked them about correcting the website info for my account to show the proper speed I was on they sent me a helpful email telling me to go to the homepage to look at the packages that are available which doesn't help at all. I'm sure they can't read!

Stuartli 18:40 05 Sep 2005

I've generally found Tiscali's customer services help and feedback pretty good, whether by e-mail, phone or online.

Totally-braindead 18:47 05 Sep 2005

I was specifically talking about email but I've also phoned them, reply was usually something like " oh I'm terribly sorry, we'll see about getting that fixed " but they never do. Since you get on fine with them perhaps its just me but at least their connection is reliable. ( hope I haven't tempted fate by saying that ).

Stuartli 18:52 05 Sep 2005

Why not go to the Tiscali forums and the Broadband Support forum I mentioned in the thread?

They seem to get things done for forum members...:-)

Totally-braindead 20:46 05 Sep 2005

Never tried that, thanks Stuartli will give it a go.

spuds 15:01 06 Sep 2005

Just received the Tiscali email about the revised uncapped service, which is good news. But this doesn't answer a question that I emailed customer services about 2 nearly 3 weeks ago, and for which I am still waiting a reply.I generally find that an email response from Tiscali is a phone call about 4 or 5 weeks later.

Doe's anyone know what Tiscali contention ratios are, for their various packages!.

Mike D 15:55 06 Sep 2005

I have a generally good experience with customer services. I was paying for 512 Mb witha 30 Gb cap, but able to connect at 2Mb. I raised the question on their forum and got a response within the hour. On Saturday I checked to see if the line had been manually upgraded, raised another question and once again received a reply in hours.

Now on 2Mb unlimited @ £17.99

Mike

Stuartli 16:04 06 Sep 2005

It's 50:1 for home user packages although the most expensive business version is 20:1.

Business packages are more expensive as normally they have a lower contention ratio.

In general terms you can take it as read that its 50:1 for home users unless it states otherwise by an ISP.

Stuartli 16:07 06 Sep 2005

I saw your posting...

spuds 17:52 06 Sep 2005

Thanks for that Stuartli, you have answered part of a question that I put to Tiscali nearly weeks ago.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?