is there any point?

westdudes 13:37 14 Jan 2004

im planning on building a pc thats got things like 3.2ghz p4 hyper threading technology 800mhz, GA-8KNXP motherboard click for review, click here with around 1gig ddr ram 3200, Hercules 3D Prophet 9800 XT 256MB VIVO DVI 8xAGP graphics card, 160gig seagate ata hard drive, sony dvd-rw, creative labs audiology zs (i think its something like that).

but anywayz you get the idea?
question is, is there any point in me forking out around £900 on building a decent base unit or can anyone think of better things thats going to come out soon or any reccomendations.
sorry for the essay, just can't be bothered on spending alot if the price will go down real soon.

rickf 14:22 14 Jan 2004

Depends on what you want the machine for.

westdudes 14:25 14 Jan 2004

video editing and alot of multi tasking

carver 17:32 14 Jan 2004

Prices do not go down all that much but the spec just keeps increasing so if you need one now it's the right time to buy if not wait a few months and the same spec you have mentioned now will be cheaper, but it will be obsolete then.

rickf 17:35 14 Jan 2004

You would definietely need 800fsb,HT and dual channel memory M/B and a good graphics card which you seem to have. What video editing prog. are you going to use?

westdudes 23:12 14 Jan 2004

too be honest i hav'nt though too much about what video editing prog ill be using yet, i've just started doing it properly. i used to use ones at a college i went too.....but they were on macs.

any idea what would be best? the price isn't too much of a problem....just dont wanna break a bank.got 6 month too set things up so not in big rush either

westdudes 23:12 14 Jan 2004

too be honest i hav'nt though too much about what video editing prog ill be using yet, i've just started doing it properly. i used to use ones at a college i went too.....but they were on macs.

any idea what would be best? the price isn't too much of a problem....just dont wanna break a bank.got 6 month too set things up so not in big rush either

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?