TFT Monitors for use with Flight Sim 2004

Woodmouse 12:39 20 Oct 2003

Does anyone have any usefull comments on using a TFT Monitor when using with Flight Simulator 2004. I am considering buying one, but need to get some kind of feedback before parting with the cash.

mole44 17:17 20 Oct 2003

as an avid flight sim 2004 fan,keep to your normal VDU,there is soon to come out a new form of display thin as a TFT and better picture than VDU.hope that helps

nkosi 22:04 20 Oct 2003

I have lost many hours of my life playing Flight Simulator since the original version. For the past two years I have had 15 inch TFT screens mainly for lack of space, but also the looks and clarity of vision. I currently have FS 2004 with a 15 inch Philips TFT at 1064 by 768. I agree with mole that a big CRT screen will give smoother lines on your aircraft. The sharper image of a TFT can make the aircraft look a little bit pixellated from some angles. But I have grown used to the sharp clear colours and would not go back to a CRT. The 2D cockpits are clearer and crisper on a TFT and a 15 inch is as comfortable to read as a 19 inch CRT. The smoothness of flight and frame rates are not affected by the monitor.

Lead 18:33 21 Oct 2003

LCD reviews:

click here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator of witty, relatable Instagram comics Julia Bernhard touches on our humble moments

iMac Pro review

Quelle est la meilleure application de podcast pour Android (2018) ?