Telewest - Anyone had their I/Net acc CANCELLED?

AngeTheHippy 11:51 02 Nov 2003

Morning all,
Tried to go online (dial up I'm sorry to say...)at around 17:00hrs Friday, but got the msg 'Your username and/or password is not valid on this domain'. I tried all thru Friday evening and got the same msg each time. I then (just to satisfy myself that it couldn't POSSIBLY be a s/w prob) tried connecting thru my laptop. Same message! I rang Telewest first thing Sat morning... got the usual buck passing, talking to different areas etc., but finally was called back mid Sat morning, and was promised a call later. Well, that didn't come, so I called them late yesterday afternoon. They then said they wld call me back, which they did, and had re-set username & p/w. TRied to log in....same prob. Soooo, called yet AGAIN, and after waiting some minutes was given yet another password. This did however work (or I wouldn't be sending this..)
I got neither apology nor reason why it was cancelled. My guess is though, that someone very possible cancelled a block of users, me being one of them by mistake. I was off line for total 30 hours.
WhaDaYaThink?

AngetheHippy x

AngeTheHippy 18:19 02 Nov 2003

It's really a shame - I've been with 'em for 3 years and until this happened,have had absolutely no probs whatsoever - consistently very good connection speeds - 54 - 54,6 . Will probably wait till the bitter end before changing though.

Thanks for yr reply, hope yr fine.

Ange x

AngeTheHippy 15:12 03 Nov 2003

will just have to find another provider offering dial-up 24/7 for a reasonable price... 8-D ... when the time comes.

Ange
x

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 UK Review: Xiaomi's Flagship Slides Into The UK

12 character artists you should know about in 2019

iPad mini 5 release date, price & specs rumours

Test : l’enceinte Bluetooth BW-AS2 de Blitzwolf