Symantec support runs out before subscription

Arv 23:28 28 Sep 2004

i have just tried to contact symantec about a 25 mb download for url update to find a message saying they no longer support my software (Norton Internet Security 2003) but my subscription runs until March 2005 Anyone got any ideas?

wee eddie 12:04 29 Sep 2004

I am running NIS 2002 and have just updated the AV Subscription for another year. There are no problems with support that I know of.

It might be a good idea to see if you are both singing from the same hymn sheet.

Arv 22:42 01 Oct 2004

thats the least of my problems now, i've just upgraded to xp and norton av refuses to run flashing up an error box another problem to sort :)

wee eddie 23:07 01 Oct 2004

You already have the Norton one

Arv 20:12 04 Oct 2004

Thanks tryed that, there is a known problem that can happen I found an article on the symantec web site, still no reply to my e mail though

ayrmail 20:58 04 Oct 2004

click here
Have you tried the auto self help, there is also a section dealing with subscription issues when you have upgraded to XP.
Also in the forum search box try live update or nav 2003.
If I find the symantec page I will post.

comsuppwor 21:47 04 Oct 2004

I,m on XP and running Norton pro 2003,just paid to renew (£20.57) No problems.
But if you upgrade,you get an all singing and dancing new program,the only catch???.
It,s £146 !!!!!!!Mega buck,s.
I stuck with the renewal.:~}

Arv 22:34 04 Oct 2004

Thanks. I managed to get everything working ok.
After using the Symantec website and online help I altered my administrator rights as instructed, disabled windows firewall, used the uninstall on the NAV disk and after a reboot re-installed everything. All working fine now :)

Arv 22:41 04 Oct 2004

I've not had any problems until faced with a 25mb live update download on a dial-up, then the upgrade to XP Pro that caused the error with Norton antivirus, having solved the antivirus problem I've signed up for broadband- that should cure the download problem as well.
Thanks all for the help:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Artist Pete Oswald on creating relatable characters & his new book

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts