Steady on folks.............

Forum Editor 20:01 10 Jun 2003

I can already detect a whiff of aggression here, and I'll thank you (no names, no pack drill) not to start making personal references and sweeping statements.

-pops- you're not the only 'flower power' era person in the forum by a very long chalk. I stood in that huge crowd and watched Hendrix perform at Woodstock (was that really on planet earth?) and I can personally vouch for the fact that in those days there were just as many bigots, just as many untrusting relationships, as there are now. Hindsight is always a tad selective, and anyone who looks back to the sixties and seventies as a time of peace, love and tranquility is in need of a serious reality check.

Saying that you monitor your grand-childrens' internet habits but that's OK because it's not snooping is frankly being a tad hypocritical isn't it? Snooping is snooping, whether you call it monitoring or not.

I'm very much in favour of trusting a child, but (as anyone who has had a few children knows) they aren't always too strong in the rational judgment department.

I'm against snooping, but I'm for supervision - where's the line drawn?

As far as my wife's internet habits are concerned - she's free to do what she likes, and I haven't the slightest interest in which sites she's visited, or who she's been emailing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy A9 review: Hands-on

Can the Huawei P20 Pro really replace a digital SLR?

Surface Laptop 2 vs MacBook Pro

Où acheter un Mac ?