Something for nothing!

Steven135 12:04 13 Nov 2003

I am a happy bunny this morning.

Sometime ago I filled in a web form on the UK Microsoft Office site for an evaluation copy of Office 2003.

Since then I have actually bought it, this morning the 30 Day evaluation CD's arrived along with a 'FREE COPY OF ONE NOTE' this is the full retail version selling for £159.99 on Amazon.

I have spent the morning playing with it and it seems an excellent application it will be well used.

Makes a nice change for once to disprove the old Yorkshire saying 'you don't get owt for nowt'

Jester2K II 12:22 13 Nov 2003

What is One Note??

Did you say you ordered the evaluation and then bought Office 2003 before the evaluation arrived??

Steven135 12:39 13 Nov 2003

Jester,

click here

Yes I know in the end I found enough reviews to make a pretty informed choice without waiting for the evaluation copy, I have not been dissapointed I think Office 2003 is excellent.

Sir Radfordin 14:24 13 Nov 2003

More on One Note:

click here

click here

Steven135 08:31 14 Nov 2003

I have played some more and used OneNote for some work I had to do and whilst its a fairly good programme I have to say that it is vastly overpriced @ over £150.

I can't understand why this is not just a part of the office suite.

Having had a really good look at it there is no way I would actually buy it unless it was a third of the price.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

See iconic duo Smith and Foulkes' epic animation for the BBC's Winter Olympics coverage

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts