Simple Photo/ collage software

Bad Beagle 16:07 03 Nov 2006

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a modern XP based software on disc (not download) that will help me to collate my evergrowing photograph collection and do some simple manipulation - crop, straighten, red-eye etc. I would also like to be able to create collages on A4 of photos and text. Until now I have used my very old copy of Microsoft Greetings but it doesn't work brilliantly with XP.

Can anybody recommend a suitable product - I would prefer to buy something that is not overly complex and that comes from a reputable manufacturer - Microsoft are fine by me !

Many thanks

Steve

jack 17:07 03 Nov 2006

paint shop pro X about £40 order on line delivery in 2 days or so click here
or Serif, click here
for starters

Bad Beagle 17:48 03 Nov 2006

Thank you Jack - this looks pretty ideal. Before I commit anyone with alternative suggestions ?

Danoh 18:13 03 Nov 2006

I use Adobe Photo Elements 3 which was bundled with either my Canon cameras or Epson Scanner.

But there are a few free programs, which I have not used personally;
Google's Picassa, GIMP, are 2 for starters.
Others may have used them, or other free s/w, can can comment.

Stuartli 19:23 03 Nov 2006

I use Picassa2 for most photo printing purposes and collages are straightforward - what's more it's free.

Stuartli 19:26 03 Nov 2006

The photo editing needs are also covered such as red eye in Picasa.

You can download it from here:

click here

and if you don't want to open a Google account there are earlier versions which can be selected instead.

jack 19:28 03 Nov 2006

Read the the thread guys on disc software wanted not downloads.

Stuartli 23:54 03 Nov 2006

>>Read the the thread guys on disc software wanted not downloads.>>

Actually we have and the answer is that you don't have to pay to get the same results.

Quite simple really.

mymate 18:14 05 Nov 2006

I just bought Paint shop Pro x, i recommend it.It does so much and is worth paying for .
I bought it because a guy who comes on this forum made a old picture of his grandad look like new.

Z1100 16:07 06 Nov 2006

of all the above and then some more then try before you buy!

I prefer Adobe PSE 4.

Hanx!
K.

[email protected] 16:40 06 Nov 2006

I'd recommend Paint Shop Pro!You could pick up an older version very cheaply(if not free on a PC mag!) , see if you like it and then buy Version X if you'd prefer to try first!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough fights back against sexual misconduct

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Espace de stockage : comment libérer de la mémoire sur votre iPhone ?