Sick to Death of Virgin.net

gardener 00:05 17 Oct 2003

I've been a subscriber to Virgin net for about 5 years now and up till now I have never had a problem with them.But two weeks ago I suddenly found myself unable to connect using my dial-up number.

I spent 45 minutes on their 50p/minute'helpline'without even getting through to them so that angered me greatly.Since then I have received two auto-generated emails and one 'real' email,the latter being of no use at all as the information I received about a new dial-up number was given to me by them about a month ago and I cannot get on the net via this number,as I have told them.Nor can I access the net using my old number.
I use their 24/7 service,paying by direct debit so I have so far this month given them about 7 quid for nothing excluding the extortionate helpline rate.I am using Tiscali's free one month trial at the moment so at least I can get on the net to moan.

If I don't get any response from Virgin soon I will need another ISP,can anyone suggest one please?

waynerussell 00:33 17 Oct 2003

Try Free-online at click here. I have used them to host my web page and for dial up access since god was a boy and have never had a problem. I use the pay as you go service but they offer some great deals on broadband and fixed cost. (I have a broadband connection through my cable supplier) Whenever I need access to the net away from home this is my connection of choice.

Patr100 00:48 17 Oct 2003

I had to find a new one this week as Sniffout's unmetered went kaput. I am now with Onetel - £13.99 24/7 - Started today - So far good.

ardvarc 07:11 17 Oct 2003

Virgin's new 24/7 dialup number has changed to 08089933070. If you want to talk to them by phone I suggest calling 0845 6501000 and they will talk you through your new dialup number and account settings if needed. I changed my number and email address and they forgot to activate the mail server and above number saved a lot of aggro at lo-call, not 50p a minute..

gardener 09:38 17 Oct 2003

Thanks for the replies,I shall act immediately.

osben 10:06 17 Oct 2003

Hi

I to am changing my ISP (aol) and I looked at FreeOnline as [waynerussell] suggested. It looks good but I want to clarify one or two point with them before I commit myself.

I cant seem to find an email address to contact them with.

They don't seem to provide it uless you are already a member.

Can anyone tell me.

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How to watch the World Cup for free on TV and online

Best of the Grad Shows 2018: Middlesex University art, illustration and graphic design

Best Mac tips, tricks and timesavers

Comment identifier le modèle de son iPad ?