Seeking an Athlon 64 3800 PC

twicetwit 12:18 25 Nov 2004

Hello. I'm in the market for a PC with mighty processor power, specifically the Athlon 64 3800 (with 1GB of memory)!

The best offer I've come across so far is MESH at just over £1000, but mixed reports concerning customer service has caused me to be hesitant.

Are Evesham worth the extra £300 the same spec would cost? Or, indeed, can you direct me to any other place that offers great value and customer care? Finally, is 'ebay' worthy of consideration?

georgemac 14:12 25 Nov 2004

no, stick with Mesh, for any dissatisfied customer there will probably be 99 happy customers you will never hear about.

AnthonyB 14:47 25 Nov 2004

...is this? - as a £300 gap between these two big rival shops seems a bit much to me, surely the Mesh must have a bit of something else too, maybe a better monitor, bigger HD,more software etc. I can't imagine the Mesh system being £300 cheaper on the processor alone. But similar to the above poster: people like to moan and whinge - and LET you know about it, but when all runs smoothly... when all runs smoothly.:)

I am currently having a problem with PC world, but won't post anything here until I think it's worthy of genuine complain - maybe next week;)

Anthony

Deep 15:10 25 Nov 2004

Give this site a try

click here

Before purchasing from Mesh i considered this
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?