Satelitte Navigation Systems

Cook2 12:35 28 Nov 2004

I've just seen a Medion MDPPC250 PocketPC GPS Bundle for £300 at Halfords, down from £400.

Has anyone experience of Sat. Nav.?

Have you any advice on the above kit or is there something better for the money?

I basically need something which will talk me through the route and redirect should I go wrong.

Is there an annual fee of some kind for use of the satellite?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cook2

Cook2 00:57 29 Nov 2004

ßéLâ the Tomtom and similar look very good but I'd have to get a pocket PC and have a limited budget.

Wilham, it doesn't look like Aldi have any at the moment. (My luck eh?).

I've also seen similar to the Medion MDPPC250 on the Novatech site at £300.

Basically I want A to B with re-routing if I deviate and voice instructions. I'm not worried about places of interest and the like but if Europe, especially France, is included, it would be a bonus.

Cook2 20:09 29 Nov 2004

Thanks for the link ßéLâ, now to go through all those mentioned so far and make a decision.

Thanks everyone for your help. I'll tick as resolved.

Cook2.

anchor 09:47 30 Nov 2004

Have a look here:

click here

I use an Ipaq with TomTom3; excellent. If you deviate from the set route it immediately recalculates a new one. It will speak to you so you don't need to take your eyes off the road.

As regards France, these maps cost extra. I did a 2500 mile tour of France this summer and never used a paper map.

accord 06:00 02 Dec 2004

same as anchor apart from the trip to france, does a trip from reading to andover via swindon and hungerford count???

Best piece of geekyness i have ever bought.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)