Satelitte Navigation Systems

Cook2 12:35 28 Nov 2004

I've just seen a Medion MDPPC250 PocketPC GPS Bundle for £300 at Halfords, down from £400.

Has anyone experience of Sat. Nav.?

Have you any advice on the above kit or is there something better for the money?

I basically need something which will talk me through the route and redirect should I go wrong.

Is there an annual fee of some kind for use of the satellite?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cook2

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:43 28 Nov 2004

I don't think the Medion has a voice....click here is the mutt's but it costs a shed load more. Having said that, I prefer the Tom-Tom as it has, IMHO, the best, clearest display....click here

Me, I use a £2.99 AA map ;-))

G

Cook2 12:48 28 Nov 2004

That was a speedy reply GANDALF <|:-)>, it evidently does have voice instructions and re-routes if you go wrong, see
click here

The ones you linked to look very good but are too expensive for my pocket.

TomJerry 13:15 28 Nov 2004

one guy get one and post a relevent thread click here, you can send him an email to ask him

Wilham 13:25 28 Nov 2004

The Medion i've just bought from Aldi has model no. MDPPC 150 on the back. Cost just under £150 and came with 5 CD's, 3 charging options, and mounting choices inc fitting to bike handlebars.

Seems to work fine, too busy at moment to work it all out.

Is it of lower specs than MDDPC250 ?

Cook2 14:18 28 Nov 2004

GANDALF <|:-)> yep, good old AA maps, problem is my wife navigates and although I can't fault her on anything else, map reading!!! Aaaagh!!!

TomJerry. I went to the Aldi site but couldn't find Sat.Nav. Thanks for the link.

Wilham. I searched on-line for the MDPPC 150 but all links were in German. Es könnte mir nur geschehen.

Thanks for all the help so far.

Cook2.

Cook2 14:18 28 Nov 2004

GANDALF <|:-)> yep, good old AA maps, problem is my wife navigates and although I can't fault her on anything else, map reading!!! Aaaagh!!!

TomJerry. I went to the Aldi site but couldn't find Sat.Nav. Thanks for the link.

Wilham. I searched on-line for the MDPPC 150 but all links were in German. Es könnte mir nur geschehen.

Thanks for all the help so far.

Cook2.

terryr48 15:02 28 Nov 2004

I bought the Aldi one a couple of weeks ago
and am well pleased with it-nice english woman gives out accurate directions (must be a 1st);-)
It ia accurate to within a few yards of your destination.mine's got Medion MD 95000 on the back. i rthink its pretty similar to the mitac one which is on the novatech website.
Try the medion.co.uk website click here
Aldi's come with 3year warranty medion website ones 1 year warranty funny that I wonder why this is.

terryr48 15:04 28 Nov 2004

PS no charge for using satellites (as yet)

Cook2 16:22 28 Nov 2004

Thanks for that terryr48, I'll pop in to my local one tomorrow to see if they still have them.

Wilham 17:26 28 Nov 2004

Correction... My Aldi Medion costs £250 not £150.

Like terryr48 it has MD 95000 on back, but adjacent, smaller print, it says Model No.MDPPC 150.
Also, made in China with manufacturing date 11/04.

Fast mover.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6 review: Hands-on

How to add texture to hand-drawn artworks

Best free iPad apps 2018

Comment créer un compte PayPal pour payer en ligne ?