Satelitte Navigation Systems

Cook2 12:35 28 Nov 2004

I've just seen a Medion MDPPC250 PocketPC GPS Bundle for £300 at Halfords, down from £400.

Has anyone experience of Sat. Nav.?

Have you any advice on the above kit or is there something better for the money?

I basically need something which will talk me through the route and redirect should I go wrong.

Is there an annual fee of some kind for use of the satellite?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cook2

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:43 28 Nov 2004

I don't think the Medion has a voice....click here is the mutt's but it costs a shed load more. Having said that, I prefer the Tom-Tom as it has, IMHO, the best, clearest display....click here

Me, I use a £2.99 AA map ;-))

G

Cook2 12:48 28 Nov 2004

That was a speedy reply GANDALF <|:-)>, it evidently does have voice instructions and re-routes if you go wrong, see
click here

The ones you linked to look very good but are too expensive for my pocket.

TomJerry 13:15 28 Nov 2004

one guy get one and post a relevent thread click here, you can send him an email to ask him

Wilham 13:25 28 Nov 2004

The Medion i've just bought from Aldi has model no. MDPPC 150 on the back. Cost just under £150 and came with 5 CD's, 3 charging options, and mounting choices inc fitting to bike handlebars.

Seems to work fine, too busy at moment to work it all out.

Is it of lower specs than MDDPC250 ?

Cook2 14:18 28 Nov 2004

GANDALF <|:-)> yep, good old AA maps, problem is my wife navigates and although I can't fault her on anything else, map reading!!! Aaaagh!!!

TomJerry. I went to the Aldi site but couldn't find Sat.Nav. Thanks for the link.

Wilham. I searched on-line for the MDPPC 150 but all links were in German. Es könnte mir nur geschehen.

Thanks for all the help so far.

Cook2.

Cook2 14:18 28 Nov 2004

GANDALF <|:-)> yep, good old AA maps, problem is my wife navigates and although I can't fault her on anything else, map reading!!! Aaaagh!!!

TomJerry. I went to the Aldi site but couldn't find Sat.Nav. Thanks for the link.

Wilham. I searched on-line for the MDPPC 150 but all links were in German. Es könnte mir nur geschehen.

Thanks for all the help so far.

Cook2.

terryr48 15:02 28 Nov 2004

I bought the Aldi one a couple of weeks ago
and am well pleased with it-nice english woman gives out accurate directions (must be a 1st);-)
It ia accurate to within a few yards of your destination.mine's got Medion MD 95000 on the back. i rthink its pretty similar to the mitac one which is on the novatech website.
Try the medion.co.uk website click here
Aldi's come with 3year warranty medion website ones 1 year warranty funny that I wonder why this is.

terryr48 15:04 28 Nov 2004

PS no charge for using satellites (as yet)

Cook2 16:22 28 Nov 2004

Thanks for that terryr48, I'll pop in to my local one tomorrow to see if they still have them.

Wilham 17:26 28 Nov 2004

Correction... My Aldi Medion costs £250 not £150.

Like terryr48 it has MD 95000 on back, but adjacent, smaller print, it says Model No.MDPPC 150.
Also, made in China with manufacturing date 11/04.

Fast mover.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?