Sasser virus on the prowl watch out!!!!!

computernerdiamnot 20:12 04 May 2004

Just a word of caution the new virus in town is called Sasser you do not have to open a email or go to a a dodgy website it can strike just as you connect to the web. Make sure your virus and firewalls are up to date you can also get a patch from the Microsoft web site.........

Mister Splendid 20:22 04 May 2004

I found out about this earlier this evening on bbc news site. If you use Norton antivirus the latest manual update file includes definitions for all the versions of sasser.

computernerdiamnot 20:38 04 May 2004

Here is some more info i got this from my virus news at f-secure. New automatic internet worm known as Sasser has been found. This worm exploits the new LSASS vulnerability in Windows 2000 and XP systems. It's not destructive. Generates traffic at ports 445, 5554 and 9996.
It slows your computer down.

computernerdiamnot 20:38 04 May 2004

Here is some more info i got this from my virus news at f-secure. New automatic internet worm known as Sasser has been found. This worm exploits the new LSASS vulnerability in Windows 2000 and XP systems. It's not destructive. Generates traffic at ports 445, 5554 and 9996.
It slows your computer down.

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:39 04 May 2004

click here all you need to know and do is here.

G

computernerdiamnot 20:54 04 May 2004

Cheers Gandalf i thought it would of been posted already but then there is always a few that never saw it, and for those few who did not see it me included now know.

Stuartli 11:26 05 May 2004

Some of us had installed the Microsoft update some days before the news of Sasser reached the TV news programmes and the national newspapers....:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?